Sunday 20 April 2008

How I Started Photography?

I started photography because I was fascinated by all the beautiful photographs I have seen all over the Internet. I was also amazed by my friends photos, those he captured with his SLR.

So, being an Google person, I spent the next month studying all the technical stuff required to be a photographer. That was 7 years ago. So many years have passed, the good old days of film are gone, and we have moved into the digital age. Post processing used to be a done by pros, but today it is done by everyone.

I bought my first SLR, a Canon EOS 3000 which was about $500AUD. It was the most value for money camera that I could afford at that time. I still remember, in the days of the film, you only had limited shots, since each roll of film has only 36 shots. And you had to wait 2-3 days before the film could be developed. If you had missed the moment, you would have missed the opportunity forever.

Fast forward to today. In the digital age, everybody has a digital camera. Whether it is a 2mp camera in your phone, digital compact camera or a DSLR, everybody has a digital camera. Whether you are at a wedding, or at Sunday lunch, you are bound to see somebody with their digital camera firing away.

What I would be doing in my blog is to write articles, where it everybody can relate to. It will simple technical stuff, where anybody can use to improve their photography. You'll be surprise what simple stuff you could do, to improve your photos.

No comments: